بسم الله والحمد لله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وعلى آله وصحبه ومن تبع هداه وبعد
Allaah سبحانه و تعالى says:
وَلِمَنْ خَافَ مَقَامَ رَبِّهِ جَنَّتَانِ
“But for him who fears the standing before his Lord, there will be two Gardens (i.e. in Paradise).” [Ar-Rahman: 46]
1. Imam al-Mawardi رحمه الله تعالى writes three statements regarding this ayah:
“Firstly: Whoever fears to stand before his Lord after the performance of the obligations (obligatory acts) said Ibn ‘Abbas.
Secondly: He is distressed with his sin and he leaves it as soon as he remembers his standing before his Lord said Mujahid
Thirdly: It was specifically revealed for Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه when he remembered a day the Paradise will be brought near and the Hell will be emerged said ‘Aṭa’ and Ibn Shudhab.” [An-Nakat wal-‘Uyoon]
2. Ibn ‘Abbas رضي الله عنه said: “Feared then had Taqwa and the one who feared (kha’if); is the one who rode upon the obedience of Allaah and left His disobedience.” [Jam‘i al-Bayan fi Tafseer al-Qur’an]
3. Ibraheem رحمه الله تعالى said: “When he intends to commit a sin, the fear of Allaah overtakes him.” [Jam‘i al-Bayan fi Tafseer al-Qur’an]
4. Qatadah رحمه الله تعالى said: “Verily, the believers are fearful of the standing so they work for it, come close to it and worship by day and night (in preparation).” [Jam‘i al-Bayan fi Tafseer al-Qur’an]
5. Abu Darda’ رضي الله عنه narrated that the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم said, “But for him who fears the standing before his Lord, there will be two Gardens (i.e. in Paradise).’ I said, ‘Even if he commits adultery/fornication and theft?’ He said, ‘In spite of committing adultery/fornication and theft, Abu Darda’!” [Jam‘i al-Bayan fi Tafseer al-Qur’an]
6. Muhammad ibn ‘Ali at-Tirmidhi رحمه الله تعالى said: “Paradise is for the one who fears his Lord and Paradise is also for the one who forsakes his desires.” [Jam‘i li-Ahkam al-Qur’an]
7. Imam ath-Th‘alabi رحمه الله تعالى said: “For everyone who fears Allaah are two Gardens (in Paradise)” [Jawahir al-Hasan fi Tafseer al-Qur’an]
1. Imam al-Mawardi said in his tafseer: “And regarding ‘standing before his Lord’, are two statements,
“Firstly: It is the standing in front of the examination and accountability.
Secondly: It is the standing before Allaah سبحانه و تعالى with the numbers of what is acquired either of good or bad.” [An-Nakat wal-‘Uyoon]
1. Imam al-Mawardi mentioned many points regarding this word:
“Firstly: Paradise of the humans and the Paradise of the Jinns said Mujahid.
Secondly: The inhabitable Paradise (‘Adn) and the Paradise of delights (Na‘eem) said Muqatil.
Thirdly: They will be two orchards from the orchards of Paradise.
Fourthly: One of the Gardens will be his station and the other one will be his wives’ and servants’ station just as the leaders in the world do.
Fifth supporting point: One of the two Gardens will be his residence and the other will be his orchard.
And sixth supporting point: One of the two Gardens will be the low palaces and the other will be the higher ones.” [An-Nakat wal-‘Uyoon]
Jam‘i al-Bayan fi Tafseer al-Qur’an
Jawahir al-Hasan fi Tafseer al-Qur’an
Taken from: http://roadtojannah.org