بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
الحمد لله رب العالمين وصلى الله وسلم على رسول الله وعلى آله وأصحابه ومن اهتدى بهديه إلى يوم الدين أما بعد
عَنْ أَنَسٍ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَرَّ بِشَجَرَةٍ يَابِسَةِ الْوَرَقِ فَضَرَبَهَا بِعَصَاهُ فَتَنَاثَرَ الْوَرَقُ فَقَالَ “إِنَّ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَلَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ أَكْبَرُ لَتُسَاقِطُ مِنْ ذُنُوبِ الْعَبْدِ كَمَا تَسَاقَطَ وَرَقُ هَذِهِ الشَّجَرَةِ
Anas رضي الله عنهما narrated that the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه و سلم passed by a tree whose leaves were dry. He hit the tree with his stick and the leaves of the tree scattered. He صلى الله عليه و سلم (then) said: “Al Hamdulillahi wa Subhaan Allaah wa La ilaha ilallaahu wa-Allaahu Akbar – (this statement) removes sins from the slave of Allaah like the (falling) leaves of this tree.” [At-Tirmidhi, 3533; Baihaqi and Ibn Abi Dunya; classed as hasan by al-Albani in “Ta’leeq al-Ragheeb” 2/249]
1. The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم used the most perfect example to illustrate a point, which was simple, concise and easy to remember. This is the kind of (practical) examples we should employ when trying to communicate points effectively.
2. Dhikr is the lifeline of a Muslim that leads to salvation. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى says: “…and the men and the women who remember Allaah much with their hearts and tongues. Allaah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward.” [translation of al-Ahzab:35]
3. Allaah سبحانه و تعالى has provided infinite ways and means to attain His Mercy and Forgiveness – through speech and action. An example amongst countless others:
– The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said, “Whoever says سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ وَ بِحَمْدِهِ (Subhan Allaahi wa bi-Hamdihi) one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they are like the foam of the sea.” [Saheeh Bukhari, 8/414]
– The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم is reported to have said:
إذا قال العبد : ( الحمد لله كثيرا ) ؛ قال الله تعالى : اكتبوا لعبدي رحمتي كثيرا
“If the servant (of Allaah) says: “Al Hamdulillahi Katheeran (All Praise is for Allaah, a lot)”, Allaah, the Most High, Says: “Write for my servant My Mercy, a lot.” [classed as hasan li-ghayrihi in ‘Saheeh at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb’, 1578]
– The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم is reported to have said, “Verily, when the worshipper stands to perform salah, all of his sins are placed on his head and shoulders, so whenever he bows or prostrates his sins fall off from him.” * [Saheeh al-Jaami, no. 1671]
* This is from amongst the reasons why a Muslim should prolong his/her rukoo’ and sujood.
4. As Muslims, we need to learn and seek the ways that lead to removal of sins and increase of good deeds – thus leading to Allaah’s Pleasure.
And Tawfeeq is from Allaah سبحانه و تعالى alone.